Tuesday, February 12, 2013

ANARKALI

I made an anarkali dress using net fabric and china silk material as the lining.It is little bit difficult to work on net fabric.I did some hand  embroidery on its yoke.I didn't plan any particular design for the yoke.The material is stretching so it is very difficult to draw any patterns.I did experiments with different stitches.Some comes out well.For others I have to improve more


                                                     Close view of the yoke

3 comments:

  1. Hello Pratheepa,

    You have lovely fashion blog here.
    Happy to follow you dear.
    Do visit my blog in your free time
    http://www.foodydelight.com/

    Thanks,
    Pranjali

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute.You could have made flowers using thin zari laces and stitched on it.That way it will be much easier to decorate the yolk.Just aloud thought..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u very much.Actually I knows only basics of hand embroidery which I learned on my school days.Other thing still I am learning from internet.Making flowers also I have to learn.Definitely I will try.

      Delete

pages